Careers at Speakeasy Ales & Lagers
Looking to get an in with the mob? We're an ever-growing team of hard-working beer bootleggers and we hire for passion, personality, skill, and knowledge of our industry. If you’re interested in joining our team, please check for open positions below.
Even if there aren’t any open positions below, feel free to email a cover letter and resume our way. Please understand that you may not get a response if you send in an unsolicited application.
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers is an equal opportunity employer. We offer paid holidays and vacation, health insurance, 401(k), and opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
Speakeasy Ales & Lagers is seeking an experienced Shift Brewer to join our talented growing team. We are looking to add talent with a passion for craft beer and a devotion to quality. Production employees at Speakeasy Ales & Lagers take part in all aspects of fermentation, dry hopping, yeast-wrangling, tank cleaning/sanitizing, filtration, and carbonation, as well as brewery cleaning and upkeep.
Shift: Rotating shifts, Mon-Friday
Reports to: Director of Brewing Operations
- All aspects of wort production and fermentation, from grain to glass.
- Brew House CIP
- Yeast Management
- Record keeping and data entry
- Assist in general brewery cleaning and preparation for events
This is not an entry-level position. 3+ years professional experience is preferred, but candidates must have a minimum of one-year professional experience working in wort production, filtration, or cellar work in a brewery or winery. Must possess strong understanding of wort production, fermentation, and CIP practices. Previous production shift brewing preferred.
- Formal brewing education highly preferred.
- Minimum of one-year cellar or brewing experience.
- Fanatical cleanliness with strong attention to detail.
- Highly accountable, able to self manage.
- Ability to follow stringent sanitary practices.
- Ability to frequently and repeatedly lift 55 lbs., and capable of moving 150 lbs.
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week, with the flexibility to work nights or weekends as needed.
- Dedicated team player to join an already stellar brewery team.
- A passion for craft beer!
This position will provide an opportunity to grow within an exciting company.
WAGES & BENEFITS
We offer a full health benefits package and a retirement savings plan. Compensation is competitive, starting at $17-$23/hour DOE.
If you think you are our ideal candidate, please email us your cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.